Guardian IOP Addiction Treatment
Outpatient Rehab Program Services
An outpatient addiction treatment program is a level of clinical care that provides men and women with an effective – yet flexible – solution for overcoming substance abuse and dependency. Outpatient addiction treatment offers intensive therapeutic intervention, relapse prevention and life skills training, 12-step program immersion and a variety of other services, delivered in a therapeutic facility several days per week. While the clinical program closely resembles that which would be offered in a residential program, clients are able to return home every evening, and experience a far greater amount of personal freedom (and responsibility).
Outpatient addiction treatment often serves as a single phase of a long-term curriculum of clinical care – however, in some cases, it can serve as a standalone treatment solution. This could be the case if an individual has a mild substance use disorder, if he or she does not suffer from any underlying mental health conditions, and if he or she has a built-in support system at home. At Guardian IOP our outpatient addiction program is a great option for those who require quality clinical care and a more flexible treatment schedule.
What to Expect From Our Intensive Outpatient Program
If you are currently looking into an outpatient program, you might be wondering just what to expect. What makes our addiction treatment program unique? What are the major differences between inpatient and outpatient treatment? We have detailed what to expect below – if you have any additional questions regarding our program of recovery, reach out to us today.
- Intensive therapeutic intervention – Therapeutic care is the backbone of our outpatient addiction treatment program. We have a number of licensed and experienced therapists on staff, who conduct daily group therapy sessions and one-on-one therapy sessions with each client at least once a week. We utilize proven therapeutic techniques ranging from experiential therapy and art therapy to Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. The provided techniques will be adjusted based on the individual needs of each client.
- A high level of family involvement – At Guardian IOP we believe that the success of our recovery program depends heavily on the level of involvement the family has during the overall treatment experience. Not only are the loved ones of our clients kept up-to-date on their progress, but they are invited to participate in professionally facilitated family therapy sessions and encouraged to take part in our 3-day intensive Family Workshop. In order for long-term sobriety to be achieved, the family unit must heal simultaneously and comprehensively.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol addiction treatment experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
- A supportive and healing environment – In order for our clients to take the most out of their treatment experience, they must feel comfortable sharing openly and honestly. We have created a safe and supportive environment, where clients and their loved ones are met with nothing but compassion and respect.
- 12-step program immersion – At Guardian IOP we strongly believe that in order for an individual to maintain sobriety once the clinical treatment process has come to a close, he or she must remain heavily involved in a 12-step program of recovery (Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous). Our addiction treatment program focuses on 12-step education and immersion, and requires clients to actively participate in stepwork with a sponsor of their choosing and attend at least one off-site meeting every day.
- A personalized plan for continuing care – Our clinical team helps each client develop a personalized plan for continuing care, which typically includes ongoing one-on-one therapy, psychiatric services whenever necessary and continued 12-step program involvement. In order to keep past clients engaged and accountable once they have completed our outpatient program, we host regular alumni events and activities.
- A high level of accountability – One of the most significant benefits of outpatient addiction treatment is the built-in accountability. Early recovery can be a vulnerable time, and being held accountable is important for the prevention of relapse.
Our Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services Include
The Outpatient Services We Provide
The outpatient treatment services we provide include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – CBT is an effective psychotherapeutic method that helps clients find healthier and more constructive alternatives to maladaptive behavioral and thought patterns. This type of therapy is characterized as goal-oriented and short-term, and focuses on helping clients change harmful patterns of thought or behavior that have the potential to lead to relapse.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – DBT is a natural progression of CBT, and puts a strong emphasis on the psychosocial components of addiction treatment. This therapeutic method helps clients regulate uncomfortable emotions while paying close attention to the way they react to the world around them.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) – This integrative method of psychotherapy is both safe and non-invasive. EMDR helps clients identify painful memories that could be causing distress, and work through unresolved trauma in a safe and controlled environment.
- Lifeskills training – When someone is in the throes of active addiction, his or her ability to be self-sufficient completely crumbles. Basic life skills must be retaught. Some of the vital life skills we help our clients develop include healthy coping methods, decision making skills, communication skills, the ability to build self-esteem and practice self-care and taking care of the physical body through exercise and nutrition.
- Relapse prevention training – Relapse prevention training helps clients identify relapse triggers and work through these triggers effectively. In order to maintain sobriety long term, clients must know how to navigate emotionally uncomfortable situations.
- Individual and group therapy – Individual therapy sessions take place at least once a week, and group therapy sessions take place daily. Intensive therapeutic care is the backbone of our comprehensive treatment program.
- Family therapy – In order for addiction treatment to be successful long-term, it is important that the family is involved in the healing process. We offer family therapy sessions geared towards improving communication, working through existing issues and helping families return to a state of healthy functioning.
- Breathwork therapy – This therapeutic method utilizes controlled breathing techniques designed to reduce stress and anxiety. Breathwork therapy sessions are led by licensed and trained professionals.
- Yoga therapy – Yoga therapy is in alternative therapy, one that is backed by extensive research and has a number of mental and physical benefits. Yoga therapy is ideal for clients who suffer from chronic pain and are looking for non-invasive pain management techniques.
- Equine therapy – Clients work with a specially trained therapist who is certified to work with animals in a therapeutic environment. They are each paired with a horse, and lead the horse through a series of exercises that help build trust and self-esteem.
- Experiential therapy – Experiential therapy helps clients understand and process their emotions through non-conventional and immersive methods. Some examples include art therapy, psychodrama and recreation therapy.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
The Types of Addiction We Treat
Substance abuse takes many different forms, and it stems from many different root causes and contributing factors. Substance use disorders typically fall into three categories – mild, moderate and severe. At Guardian IOP we generally only treat mild disorders (unless a client is coming to us having already completed a higher level of clinical care). A mild substance abuse disorder essentially means that physical and psychological dependence have not yet developed – that while a client is concerned about his or her substance use, he or she has not yet experienced severe personal consequences.
We treat many types of addictive disorder, including (but not limited to):
- Alcohol addiction
- Heroin addiction
- Prescription painkiller addiction
- Cocaine addiction
- Methamphetamine addiction
- Prescription stimulant addiction
- Benzodiazepine addiction
- Marijuana addiction
- Synthetic drug addiction
- Hallucinogenic drug addiction
We also treat a number of behavioral addictions as part of our Dual Diagnosis Program, including:
- Gambling addiction
- Food addiction (anorexia nervosa, bulimia, compulsive overeating)
- Sex and love addiction
- Exercise addiction
- Work addiction
- Internet/social media addiction
- Video game addiction
No matter what type of addictive disorder you or your loved one is suffering from, Guardian IOP is available to help.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Benefits of Our Outpatient Addiction Treatment Program
Our outpatient addiction treatment program has many benefits. In addition to increased flexibility and personal freedom, clients are able to apply what they have learned in real-life situations and process their experiences the very next day. If you would like to learn more or begin (or continue) your personal journey of substance abuse recovery give us a call today at (888) 693-1894, we are available to help you 24/7.