The majority of aftercare plans include a continuation of individual therapy. Once a client graduates from our IOP program they have the option of continuing with the individual therapist they worked with while in outpatient treatment. We typically encourage clients to continue with their IOP therapist, seeing as the therapist already has insight into areas that require ongoing attention and personal history. However, if a client is moving to a different area, we will help them find a licensed therapist close by. In some cases, a client and their loved ones might decide to continue with family therapy. Regardless of what type of continuing therapy is included in your aftercare plan, we are available to help you find the best therapist for you.
At Guardian IOP we often include participation in a 12-Step program in individualized aftercare plans. There are many benefits to staying engaged in a program like Alcoholics Anonymous once treatment concludes. Benefits include:
- 12-Step programs help keep clients accountable.
- 12-Step programs serve as a built-in sober support system.
- Clients are able to openly discuss personal recovery-related challenges in a safe and supportive setting.
- Clients build self-esteem and confidence in their recovery as they reach more sobriety-related milestones.
- 12-Step programs add structure and routine to daily life.