Guardian IOP Focused Treatment
Educational Training & Assistance
Educational Training & Assistance
At Guardian IOP we are dedicated to helping our clients overcome substance abuse and dependency and go on to lead the lives they have always dreamed of. Active addiction completely strips people of their ability to function at a base human level – let alone achieve their personal goals. If you or someone you love has struggled with addiction firsthand, you know how far back the disease can push you. Many individuals give up their goals entirely, unable to focus their attention on anything other than substance use. They walk away from their careers, stop pursuing their passions, or completely forfeit their education. At Guardian IOP we want to do much more than help our clients stay sober long-term – we want to help them get back on track and begin actively pursuing their personal objectives, equipped with all of the tools they need to accomplish anything they set their minds to.
Our Educational Training and Assistance program is dedicated to helping our clients continue on with their schooling, either obtaining their GEDs or being admitted to a college of their choosing. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recently published a report confirming that adolescents who dropped out of high school have higher rates of substance abuse than their peers who are still enrolled. It was determined that 31.4 percent of high school dropouts used illicit drugs regularly, compared to 18.2 percent of those who were still attending class. 41.6 percent were found to regularly use alcohol, and binge drinking rates were also high at 32.3 percent. Once the cycle of substance abuse begins, returning to school to complete an education becomes that much more difficult. However, without a proper education, getting ahead in life is quite a challenge – which is why our team of dedicated team members has developed a program geared exclusively towards educational training and assistance. We want to see all of our clients succeed and reach their full potential.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol addiction treatment experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Education and Addiction Recovery
When it comes to addiction recovery, returning to school as an adult and working towards education-related goals has many benefits. These benefits include:
- An increase in employment opportunities. – Not only is having a high school diploma or GED important when it comes to finding a job, but going back to school can help clients settle on a career and develop the vocational skills necessary to support gainful employment.
- The building of self-esteem – Many individuals who struggle with substance abuse dropout of school because they are unable to prioritize their education, and their grades suffer as a result. Going back to school might seem overwhelming at first, but clients soon discover just how much they are capable of. Attending class every day, turning in assignments on time and getting high marks on exams are all excellent ways to build self-esteem and self-confidence.
- The development of social skills – Going back to school allows clients the opportunity to further hone their social skills, developing healthy relationships with their classmates and professors. Our IOP program provides clients with this opportunity as well, though having a social circle outside of treatment and 12-step meetings can be extremely beneficial.
- A built-in support system – Many college campuses offer recovery-related resources to their students. The majority offer individual counseling services, and many also host regular 12-step meetings. Some colleges even provide a Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC), which, according to the Association of Recovery in Higher Education, creates a college culture that supports and facilitates recovery, rather than forcing students to sacrifice recovery for education.
- The further development of relapse prevention skills – Returning to school as an adult can be a difficult experience to navigate. If a client attends a regular school (not a CRC) he or she will likely face a range of relapse triggers, from school-related stress to the prevalence of drinking and drug use among classmates. Clients have the opportunity to employ the relapse prevention skills they learn in treatment, and process their experiences in a group setting and in one-on-one therapy.
Our Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services Include
The Education-Related Services We Provide
At Guardian IOP we offer a range of services as part of our Educational Training and Assistance program. These services include:
- Helping clients determine their personal educational goals.
- Researching schools and finding the right school to meet the unique needs and requirements of each individual client.
- Applying to college or obtaining a GED.
- Applying for financial aid and scholarships.
- Developing a scheduled routine around classes and schoolwork.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Additional Intensive Outpatient Services We Provide
In addition to Educational Training, we offer the following services as part of our comprehensive curriculum of clinical care:
- Demographic-specific treatment options – In addition to gender-specific treatment, we offer a program for older adults, adults and younger adults. Separating group sessions by demographic allows for a more focused treatment experience and more individualized clinical care.
- Individual and group therapy sessions – Clients have access to at least one individual therapy session every week, in addition to daily group therapy sessions. If a client is returning to school while engaged in our IOP program, he or she can process related experiences with a licensed therapist, effectively working through challenges as they arise.
- Family therapy and a Family Retreat Workshop – We believe in the importance of family involvement, and encourage the loved ones of our clients to be as involved as they would like to be in the recovery process.
- Lifeskills Training – We focus on instilling our clients with the skills they need to get ahead – not just in their educational pursuits – but in every other aspect of their lives.
- Relapse Prevention Training – Clients learn to identify and work through personal relapse triggers. School-related triggers are identified, and healthy coping mechanisms are developed that ensure a continuation of sobriety.
- Vocational Training – During the intensive outpatient phase of the recovery process, many clients are ready to get back to work. We help clients find an appropriate job, apply for the job and successfully balance work and recovery.
- A holistic approach to addiction treatment – We offer a range of proven holistic treatment methods, including yoga therapy, mindfulness meditation and acupuncture. At Guardian IOP we are dedicated to providing the most integrated care available.
- 12-step program education and involvement – We thoroughly educate our clients on the 12 steps of Alcoholics Anonymous and require daily meeting attendance as well as active engagement in stepwork.
- A plan for continuing care – While IOP might be the last phase of a long-term clinical treatment program, developing an aftercare plan is essential to maintaining sobriety. Most aftercare plans include the continuation of individual therapy, 12-step program involvement and ongoing psychiatric services (whenever necessary).
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Guardian IOP Rehab
A New Lease of Life
Active addiction strips people of their ability to work towards their personal objectives. Many of our clients come to us with the goal of returning to school or beginning a higher level of education, but most do not know where to start. Our educational counselors work closely with each individual client, helping them through the process every step of the way. If you or someone you love has been held back by substance abuse and is looking to take advantage of the opportunities awarded by recovery, we are available to help. Our comprehensive intensive outpatient program leaves no stone unturned, and equips clients with the tools and skills they need to work towards their goals with nothing but confidence. For more information on Guardian IOP or to set up an initial evaluation contact us today, we are available to help you 24/7.