Women’s Addiction Treatment
Gender-Specific Therapeutic Groups
Are you looking for a women’s addiction treatment program? Sadly, many women who suffer from drug addiction or alcoholism do not receive the clinical care they need simply because they feel they cannot take ample time away from their obligations at home or work. Checking into a long-term inpatient treatment facility might not be a viable option if a woman is caring for dependents or working a full-time job in order to support herself and her family. Fortunately Guardian IOP offers addiction treatment on an outpatient basis that allows women to care for their families, go to work or attend school while also actively participating in a treatment program.
At Guardian IOP, we also recognize that women have specific needs and challenges when it comes to addiction and mental health. Our facilities offer women’s addiction treatment groups that allow women to be vulnerable, heal emotional wounds, learn recovery behaviors, balance their busy lives and form meaningful bonds with other women. In our years of experience, we have found that offering gender-specific treatment groups is hugely beneficial to our clients’ ability to get and stay sober long-term.
Women’s Addiction Treatment
Men and women who are suffering from substance abuse disorders often deal with concerns, challenges and issues that are unique to their gender. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, substance use disorders generally progress very differently for women than they do for men. Women have shown to begin abusing substances at much lower doses than men, but women increase or escalate dosage much more rapidly than men. Additionally, women have shown greater rates of relapse than men after an initial period of sobriety. Women tend to become physically and psychologically dependent on substances more quickly than their male counterparts, and they often enter substance abuse treatment with additional underlying issues, such as eating disorders or other mental health concerns.
For this reason (amongst others), women’s addiction treatment groups are ideal for addressing core issues during early recovery. Gender-specific treatment allows clients to feel safe and open up honestly about issues that are unique to them. Our women’s addiction treatment and therapeutic groups thoroughly address gender-specific topics in a safe and supportive environment.
Examples of Women’s Issues We Address:
- Sexual, Physical or Emotional abuse – Many women who experienced abuse at the hands of a partner, spouse or another male feel far more comfortable opening up about their experiences in a group of women.
- Motherhood & Household Responsibilities – Many women feel a certain level of societal pressure to fill the traditional role of homemaker, which can lead to gender-specific stress and other related concerns.
- Body Image Issues – Women are more likely than men to suffer from eating disorders and body image issues as well as substance abuse. These issues could stem from unresolved trauma or from pressure associated with mainstream beauty standards.
These are just several examples of the gender-specific struggles that women tend to face. Our women’s group therapy sessions touch on these issues and many others, allowing women to be truly vulnerable, heal alongside other women and experience personal empowerment.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol addiction treatment experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
What is IOP?
Intensive outpatient program (IOP) is an effective, flexible alternative to inpatient addiction treatment. Individuals who participate in an IOP program typically meet 3-5 days a week for several hours each day, allowing them to balance treatment with their day-to-day responsibilities. Our facilities offer daytime and nightime tracks to accommodate each individual’s scheduling needs. Our IOP program consists of individual, family and group therapy. We employ a variety of treatment methodologies including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, trauma therapy, holistic treatments (such as meditation and yoga), relapse prevention training, life skills workshops and medication assisted treatment.
Our Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services Include
Is IOP the Best Fit?
How do you know whether or not IOP is a good fit?
Questions to Ask When Considering IOP Treatment
- Have I been abusing chemical substances for a short period of time, or could I attend IOP after residential inpatient? – If your drug or alcohol use has been concerning but has not become severe, IOP is likely a good choice. Women who have been suffering from a mild substance abuse disorder that has not yet become life-threatening or resulted in a wide range of interpersonal issues often benefit from our IOP program. If your substance abuse has gotten severe, IOP is a wonderful option to pursue following a stay at a residential inpatient facility as you learn to slowly transition back into normal life.
- Do I have personal responsibilities that I simply cannot step away from for any extended period of time? – IOP is often an ideal solution for women who are raising dependents on their own and cannot afford childcare, for example. Be sure that you are effectively differentiating personal obligation and embarrassment or fear. If you believe that you can step away from your career for a month but you are afraid of judgement, for example, it is always best to commit to inpatient treatment before transitioning into an IOP program.
- Is IOP a good fit for me financially? – It is important that you do not let your current financial circumstances deter you from seeking treatment altogether. IOP programming is significantly more affordable than inpatient treatment, and is an ideal option for women who are not currently insured and cannot afford the out-of-pocket cost of residential rehab. Guardian IOP does accept most major health insurance providers, and we gladly work alongside you to uncover the most viable payment options.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
The Services We Provide
Our IOP program offers a wide range of effective, recovery-related clinical services, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) – This proven therapeutic method helps individuals re-write negative patterns or thought, emotion and behavior
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – This therapeutic method is a type of DBT that focuses on emotion regulation, conflict resolution, mindfulness and relationship building.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) – This therapeutic technique helps individuals who are suffering from symptoms of unresolved trauma
- Life skills training – Active addiction strips women of their ability to function normally. Basic life skills become too much to manage. Life skills workshops teach practical life skills.
- Individual therapy – Individual therapy sessions take place at least once a week, and provide women with a safe space to delve deeper into personal issues and work through underlying causes of substance abuse and dependence.
- Group therapy – Group therapy sessions take place every day that the IOP program meets, and allow women to work through recovery-related challenges with like-minded individuals, offering one another peer support and encouragement while honing healthy communication skills.
- Family therapy – Guardian IOP offers a comprehensive family program to help restore healthy family functioning, which makes staying sober long-term far more achievable.
- Experiential therapy – This therapeutic methodology allows women to tap into uncomfortable feelings and suppressed memories in non-traditional ways, like artistic therapy and psychodrama.
- Breathwork – Breathwork is effective in helping women stay grounded and centered to work through problems as they arise in the present moment.
- Trauma-informed care – Unresolved trauma and substance abuse often go hand-in-hand. Our team of experienced professionals all have a background in trauma-informed care.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Find Hope Today
If you or someone you love is struggling with substance abuse, there is hope. At Guardian IOP we offer a comprehensive, outpatient treatment program that allows women to balance their day-to-day lives with quality addiction treatment. Women in our IOP program benefit from individual, group and family therapy, form bonds with peers in recovery, build self-esteem and learn the tools essential for building meaningful lives in recovery. Guardian IOP has locations in multiple states and are covered by many regional and national health insurance plans. If you think Guardian IOP might be a good fit for you or your loved one, reach out to us today. Our compassionate Treatment Advisors are available 24/7 to answer your questions and help you craft a plan for recovery.