- Experiential therapy – This therapeutic methodology allows women to tap into uncomfortable feelings and suppressed memories in non-traditional ways, like artistic therapy and psychodrama.
- Breathwork – Breathwork is effective in helping women stay grounded and centered and work through problems as they arise in the present moment.
- Trauma-informed care – Unresolved trauma and substance abuse often go hand-in-hand. Our team of experienced professionals all have a background in trauma-informed care.
Our program of recovery is always custom-tailored to meet the unique needs of each individual client.
Men and women who are suffering from substance abuse disorders often deal with concerns, challenges and issues that are unique to their gender. For this reason (amongst others), gender-specific treatment options are ideal for addressing core issues during early recovery. Gender-specific treatment allows clients to feel safe and open up honestly about issues that are unique to them. Our women’s IOP program thoroughly addresses gender-specific topics in a safe and supportive environment. Some issues that we address include:
- Sexual, physical or emotional abuse that occurred at the hands of a member of the opposite sex – Many women who experienced abuse at the hands of a partner, spouse or another male feel far more comfortable opening up about their experiences in a group of women.
- Motherhood and household responsibilities – Many women feel a certain level of societal pressure to fill the traditional role of “homemaker,” which can lead to gender-specific stress and other related concerns.
- Body image issues – Women are more likely than men to suffer from eating disorders and body image issues as well as substance abuse. These issues could stem from unresolved trauma or from pressure associated with mainstream beauty standards.
These are just several examples of the gender-specific struggles that women tend to face. Our group therapy sessions touch on these issues and many others, allowing women to be truly vulnerable and heal alongside other women while experiencing personal empowerment.