- 12-step program education and immersion – We require our clients to attend off-site 12 step meetings on a daily basis while actively working through the 12 steps with a sponsor.
- Demographic-specific programming, including gender-specific and age-specific treatment – Our IOP program is broken down by gender and by age, allowing for a more focused treatment experience.
- Thorough and individualized aftercare planning – While every aftercare plan will be individualized, most plans for continuing care include a continuation of 12-step program involvement, a continuation of therapy and psychiatric services whenever necessary.
- Vocational training – We teach our clients how to build-our professional resumes, interview for jobs and choose a job that is recovery-appropriate.
- Educational opportunities – Many of our clients wish to take advantage of the educational opportunities unique to Southern Florida – we encourage our clients to finish schooling if they wish to do so, and help them apply and stay committed.
- Fitness programs and nutritional services – In order to maintain sobriety, clients must learn to take care of themselves comprehensively, taking care of their physical bodies as well as their mental and emotional well-being.
The key difference between residential treatment and an IOP is flexible scheduling and a greater amount of personal freedom. Clients are able to return home every night once treatment concludes, and if they have jobs or other personal obligations, IOP can be scheduled around those obligations. For people in recovery, IOP restores a sense of normalcy and the return to a daily schedule and routine without sacrificing individualized, intensive treatment.
Our Delray Beach, Florida location is centrally located, and Southern Florida itself is conducive to comprehensive healing and rich in recovery-related resources. IOP allows clients to explore these resources on their own time, taking advantage of the numerous daily 12-step meetings and recovery-oriented support groups throughout the area.