Men’s Addiction Treatment
Are you looking for a men’s addiction treatment program? According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, men are more likely than women to abuse almost all types of illicit chemical substances. The same study states that there are more men who are currently in addiction treatment for a substance abuse disorder than women. In spite of this fact, the vast majority of men who desperately need professional clinical care do not end up seeking it, either because they remain unaware of the extensive recovery-related resources that are available to them, or because they have personal responsibilities and obligations that they cannot easily step away from for an extended period of time.
At Guardian IOP we understand that addiction recovery is not one-size-fits-all. While inpatient treatment is an ideal option for men who have been suffering at the hands of a severe substance abuse disorder, an intensive outpatient program (IOP) can be a good fit for men who are either experiencing only moderate substance abuse issues, or who are reintegrating into the world-at-large after a stay at an inpatient facility or medical detox. Our IOP program offers the flexibility to actively participate in treatment while also attending to one’s day-to-day responsibilities. Our men’s addiction treatment groups are offered as part of our overall IOP program to help men face challenges specific to them.
Men’s Addiction Treatment Groups
When it comes to active addiction, men and women are liable to experience a different range of challenges and concerns. In our decades of experience, we have found that offering men an opportunity to meet in men-only treatment groups while participating in our IOP program can be highly beneficial to the addiction recovery process. These men’s addiction treatment groups allow men to process emotions they might not show in front of women, address subject matter specifically pertinent to them and bond with with male friends.
Challenges Men Face in Addiction Recovery:
- Overcoming harmful masculine stereotypes
- Filling the roles of husband and father
- Learning to communicate emotions effectively
- Anger management/learning to work through aggression
Issues that are unique to men are addressed and worked through in a safe and supportive therapeutic environment.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Drug & Alcohol addiction treatment experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
What is IOP?
Intensive outpatient treatment, more commonly referred to as IOP, is a flexible form of intensive addiction treatment that allows clients to thoroughly heal from substance abuse and dependence while continuing to carry out the personal responsibilities of their day-to-day lives. IOP programs are ideal for men who are not in need of a higher level of clinical care, who have recently completed medical detox and inpatient treatment or who are in need of a more flexible customizable level of intensive clinical care.
Our IOP program has repeatedly proven to be especially beneficial for men who are concerned about their drinking or drug habits but who need to simultaneously balance their lives at home and work. We provide a wide range of recovery-related services geared towards tackling the physical, emotional and psychological implications of addiction. If you have been suffering at the hands of substance abuse disorder and you are wondering whether or not our IOP program is the best fit for your unique needs, contact us today. Our Treatment Advisors provide a brief assessment to help you craft an appropriate treatment plan.
Our Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services Include
Is IOP the Best Fit?
How can you tell whether or not IOP is the best fit for you and your personal needs? You might benefit from an intensive outpatient program like the one offered by Guardian IOP if you:
- Have personal obligations that you cannot entirely step away from – IOP offers a greater amount of flexibility in that it allows men to balance their home and work lives while also actively participating in addiction treatment.
- Have a mild substance abuse disorder – IOP is an ideal alternative to inpatient treatment if you have been abusing a chemical substance for a short period of time and have not yet developed a severe physical and psychological dependency. It is important to keep in mind that addiction is a progressive disease, and putting off treatment only results in a steady worsening of symptoms.
- You are looking for a financially feasible option – IOP is a cost-effective way to receive the quality clinical care you need and deserve. Guardian IOP accepts most major health insurance plans, making covering the cost of addiction treatment as stress-free as possible.
- You have recently completed a higher level of clinical care and are looking to take the next appropriate step in your personal journey of recovery – For men who have been suffering at the hands of a moderate to severe substance dependence disorder, medical detox and inpatient treatment are recommended. Once the first two phases of addiction treatment are complete transferring in to an IOP program can help an individual slowly re-integrate back into their normal lives while fully supported by a team of therapists and peers in recovery.
Ready To Begin Your Drug & Alcohol Treatment?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Drug & Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
The Services We Offer
At Guardian IOP we provide men with a wide range of recovery-related services, all geared towards instilling the relapse prevention skills and healthy coping mechanisms they need in order to maintain sobriety long-term. Some of these services include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) – This proven therapeutic method helps clients identify negative thought patterns and how these thought patterns influence their behaviors.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – This therapeutic method is similar to CBT, but DBT puts more of an emphasis on the psychosocial aspects of addiction treatment.
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) – This therapeutic technique is used to help individuals suffering from the symptoms of unresolved trauma.
- Individual Therapy – Men will meet with a licensed therapist in a one-on-one session at least once per week, where they dive deeper into personal issues and challenges.
- Group Therapy – Group therapy sessions take place during every IOP session and help men process recovery-related challenges that might arise in a safe and supportive environment while helping them further develop the relapse prevention and life skills necessary for long-term sobriety.
- Family Therapy – We offer family therapy services to the loved ones of our clients in the hopes of restoring the healthy family functioning that is necessary for long-term sobriety.
- Life Skills Training – Active addiction strips men of the ability to function at a basic human level. The life skills they need to succeed are taught in an IOP setting.
- Relapse Prevention Training – Relapse prevention is absolutely key to long-term sobriety. Men learn how to identify and effectively work through their own personal relapse triggers.
- Effective Communication Skills – Many men who have struggled with a substance abuse disorder also struggle to effectively communicate their emotions – however, developing healthy and effective communication skills is absolutely essential to addiction recovery.
- Breathwork – Breathwork therapy utilizes controlled breathing techniques to help clients stay grounded and present while reducing stress and anxiety.
- Experiential Therapy – This non-traditional therapy method utilizes a wide range of holistic techniques, from psychodrama to art therapy.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
At Guardian IOP we offer a comprehensive IOP program for men who have been struggling with substance abuse and need a flexible level of quality clinical care. As a part of our program, we offer men’s only treatment groups to help men tackle issues specifically pertinent to them. To learn more about our IOP program contact us today. Our Treatment Advisors are available 24/7 to help you craft a plan for your recovery.