Guardian Intensive Outpatient Program
Benzodiazepines are a type of prescription medication most commonly used to treat anxiety disorders and sleep-related issues like insomnia. Some commonly abused brand name benzodiazepines include Valium, Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Librium and Restoril. While most benzodiazepines can be used interchangeably, some are more frequently prescribed for the treatment of specific conditions. For example, Xanax, Valium and Ativan are generally used for the treatment of anxiety disorders, Klonopin is commonly used for the treatment of seizure disorders and Librium is used to treat the more severe symptoms associated with alcohol withdrawal.
Benzodiazepine Abuse – Facts and Statistics
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, rates of benzodiazepine abuse and addiction have been increasing throughout the country over the course of the past several years. Using data analytics, NIDA researchers determined that roughly 12.5 percent of American adults – or around 30.5 million men and women – currently used benzodiazepines that were initially prescribed by a medical professional. Of these individuals, 2.1 percent abused their medication regularly. Most individuals who abuse benzodiazepines obtain them from a friend, family member or acquaintance – they obtain the medication without a professionally written prescription. Research shows that less than 20 percent of men and women who abuse benzodiazepines received them from a doctor.
According to NIDA, rising rates of benzodiazepine abuse also play a role in increased rates of overdose-related deaths throughout the country. If you or someone you love has been abusing benzodiazepines for any period of time, seeking professional help is extremely important. At Guardian IOP we are dedicated to offering the most comprehensive and individualized clinical care available. We have extensive experience treating men and women of all ages and demographics who have been suffering from a benzodiazepine abuse disorder of any severity.
We Are Here For You
Let Us Help You Heal
Our Alcohol addiction treatment experience is second to none.
Learn how we can help by speaking with one of our Treatment Advisors today.
Our Outpatient Rehab Program
At Guardian IOP our outpatient benzodiazepine rehab program provides our clients with comprehensive gender-specific treatment. Our program was developed to help adults who are in need of continuing care following the completion of inpatient treatment, or who do not require residential care because their benzodiazepine abuse disorder is considered “early stage.” Our outpatient benzodiazepine rehab program was designed by a team of experienced professionals with combined decades of experience in the field of addiction and mental health. As part of our individualized outpatient treatment program, we offer a range of proven therapeutic modalities geared towards delivering personalized and integrated care. Some of the outpatient treatment services we offer include:
- Age and gender-specific programming – Breaking down group therapy sessions into more specific demographics allows for focused clinical care and careful attention paid to issues and challenges that might apply exclusively to one gender or age group. At Guardian IOP we are dedicated to providing the most individualized care available.
- Relapse prevention training – Our relapse prevention training program helps our clients identify personal relapse triggers and early warning signs, while actively developing the skills and strategies they need to prevent a slip back into old behavioral patterns. As part of our relapse prevention program, we utilize proven therapeutic methods like Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization.
- 12-step program education and immersion – During the outpatient phase of the recovery process, clients should be well immersed in a 12-step program of their choosing. As part of our comprehensive outpatient program, we teach our clients what to expect as they work through the steps and we require them to attend at least one off-site 12-step meeting every day. We also emphasize the importance of continuing in a 12-step program as part of every effective aftercare plan.
- Dual diagnosis treatment options – Many of our clients simultaneously struggle with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Our dual diagnosis treatment options incorporate psychological evaluations and one-on-one meetings with an on-staff psychiatrist.
- Individual, group and family therapy sessions – Therapeutic intervention is the backbone of our outpatient treatment program. We offer weekly one-on-one therapy sessions, group therapy sessions that take place whenever the outpatient program meets and family therapy sessions whenever available.
Our Alcohol Treatment Services Include
- Life skills training – Developing life skills is vital to being able to effectively navigate the challenges that present themselves in day-to-day life. Our life skills training program focuses on a variety of vital skills, including communication, creative problem solving, setting and maintaining personal boundaries, self-care and developing healthy coping mechanisms. We also focus on helping clients develop additional skills like working towards financial independence and being successful in the workplace.
- A range of holistic treatment options, including yoga therapy, experiential therapy and breathwork therapy – At Guardian IOP we believe that the most successful outpatient treatment programs incorporate proven therapeutic methods and effective holistic modalities.
Benzodiazepine Addiction and Outpatient Rehab
Because benzodiazepine addiction is often so severe, and because the symptoms of withdrawal can be life-threatening if not constantly overseen by a team of medical professionals, it is recommended that men and women who have been abusing the specific chemical substance complete a multi-phased program of clinical care. The recommended first phase is medical detox, where the client will be physically stabilized and undergo a safe and pain-free withdrawal. The second phase is generally inpatient treatment, which will provide a high level of structure and support and will last for between one and three months (and for longer, if the benzodiazepine abuse disorder is more severe). Once the individual has completed inpatient treatment, he or she transfers to an outpatient treatment program for a continuation of clinical care. This phase is essential to the maintenance of long-term sobriety. Clients have the opportunity to work through any challenges that may arise in early recovery, while further developing the relapse prevention skills and life skills necessary to successfully integrate back into society.
Ready To Begin Your Alcohol Treatment?
We Offer A Safe & Effective Program
Don’t let Alcohol addiction control your life.
Call us today and let’s get you started on the path to a better you.
Is Outpatient Benzodiazepine Rehab Right For You?
Because benzodiazepine addiction is such a complex and far-reaching disease, it is generally recommended that a long-term program of clinical care is sought – when that includes medical detox and residential treatment. However, in some circumstances an intensive and multifaceted outpatient approach can serve as a standalone treatment option. This is the case when:
- The benzodiazepine abuse disorder is still very mild, and the individual in question does not experience withdrawal symptoms when he or she ceases use abruptly. This means that a physical tolerance has not yet developed, and that medical detox might not be mandatory.
- The individual who is seeking treatment requires more flexible clinical care because of pre-existing obligations. These might include serving as the primary caretaker for a dependent or working a demanding career that cannot be completely stepped away from for months at a time. Our outpatient treatment program is flexible and works to meet your unique personal needs while providing intensive clinical care.
- Financial restrictions disallow participation in a traditional, long-term treatment program. Outpatient treatment is far more affordable than residential treatment, and at Guardian IOP we accept most major health insurance providers in order to make our program of recovery all that more accessible.
If you are looking for a less intensive level of effective addiction treatment, Guardian IOP can help.
Begin Healing Now!
Have A Call With One Of Our Treatment Advisors
Don’t Suffer Any Longer
Continue on Your Personal Recovery Journey
If you or your loved one is looking to take the next step on your personal journey of benzodiazepine addiction recovery give us a call today at (888) 693-1894, we are available to help you 24/7. At Guardian IOP our main priority is providing you and your family with the tools and resources necessary to undergo thorough and lasting healing on a physical, emotional and mental level. Our comprehensive program of outpatient benzodiazepine rehab is dedicated to equipping you or your loved one with the skills necessary to avoid relapse long-term while seamlessly transitioning back into fully independent living.